Boats are generally reporting a couple of shots a day at black marlin – but the heavy tackle season is yet to see the grander show up yet. Some notable fish being caught in the last week…
– 650-pound black marlin by Capt Billy Billson, on Ribbon Reef #10
– the Kekoa going 3-3 on Sunday, all small males to 300 pounds
– Cool Runnings picked up a 750-pounder last week
– Shaka released a 900-pounder last week
– the Reel Ripe tagged and released a 600-pound black marlin last week
– Kekoa also got an 800 about a week ago
Trends are very much in favor of some larger girls being seen soon – but the fishing is going good thus far, with the big girls being spotted if not being caught quite yet.
Keep it tuned in to here as we’ll keep our eyes on everything going on at the Reef!