Some headlines with about five hours to go in the World Cup…
– Very few fish brought to the scales today, with only four thus far being weighed. All fish weighed have been caught in the East Atlantic – Canaries (600, Hedonist), Madeira (546, Audaz), Cape Verde (1097, Happy Hooker and 511, La Onda Emma).
– Cape Verde picked a superb time to come up with its second grander in two weeks, a 1,097-pound blue on the Happy Hooker. This would be the third World Cup winner to be caught in Cape Verde.
– The Happy Hooker is aiming to become the Blue Marlin World Cup’s first repeat winner, having also won in 2006 with an 850-pounder.
– Bermuda, with 49 boats out and having won the World Cup last year and six times in total, did not catch a qualifying fish – very surprisingly.
– Kona boats yet to hook up on a big one – but there’s still a lot of fishing yet to come.
Leave a reply