South Florida & Florida Keys – The wind picks up, the air temperature drops and the sailfish head south. The same cold fronts that most people hate, start to push the sailfish farther into southern Florida, which means the bite is on….And man, is it ever ON. There have been plenty of reports of 4-5 fish days, but a few Tournaments really showed us what is to come this season.
Palm Beach Sailfish Classic – There were 153 Sailfish released on 11 boats on two days of fishing. That is just under 14 Fish average per boat for the tournament.
- Wrenegade – Capt. Jimmy Garner – 27 Sailfish Released
- Bone Shaker – Capt. Scott Fawcett – 23 Sailfish Released
Pelican Yacht Club Billfish Invitational – There were 408 Sailfish released on 29 boats on three days of fishing. That is just over a 14 Fish average per boat for the tournament.
- Lo Que Se – Capt. Kevin Paul – 38 Sailfish Released
- Floridian – Capt. Glenn Cameraon – 28 Sailfish Released
Sailfish Open- There were 132 Sailfish released on 29 boats on two days of fishing.
- Vitamin Sea Too – Capt. Tim Maddock – 11 Sailfish Released
- The Natural – Capt. Reese Lewis – 9 Sailfish Released
Leave a reply