Cape Verdes (Northwest Bank) – I guess we shouldn’t be shocked anymore when we hear about ridiculous Blue Marlin fishing, but sometimes it is just too good not to share. Team Big Oh consisting of Owner Gray Ingram, Capt. Ronnie Fields, Mates Ben Horning & Thomas Garmany managed to release 51 Blue Marlin in 5-Days on 65 Bites!
While we have seen single days with double digit Blue Marlin, this is some of the most consistent fishing we have seen and the best in 2013 season thus far. There best day was just one of those special fishing moments, when they released 14 Blue Marlin, a White Marlin and a Spearfish. As if releasing 14 Blue Marlin was not enough, they decided to release a Grand Slam in the same day.
- Day 1 – 8-10 on Blue Marlin, raising 13.
- Day 2 – 7-11 on Blue Marlin, raising 14.
- Day 3 – 10-12 on Blue Marlin, raising 20. Released a White Marlin as well.
- Day 4 – 12-16 on Blue Marlin, raising 19.
- Day 5 – 14-16 on Blue Marlin, raising 22 (New Boat Record) PLUS a White Marlin and a Spearfish for a Grand Slam.
We are getting other good reports out of the Cape Verdes on a consistent basis now, so we can only hope this is the “real” start to the season. We’ll keep you updated as always.
Leave a reply